Welcome to the ECM College Site. Please read this Data Protection carefully. This Data Protection, including informations about Collection of Your Personal Data, How We Use Information Collected, How We Use Your Personal Data, Your Ability to Choose, Disclosure to Third Parties, Transfer to Other Countries, and Review and Correction.
- Collection of Your Personal DataSo that we can provide you with the information, courses, programmes, services, materials or products you have requested, we collect and store certain information about you, including your name, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address and educational background when you ask for information about our courses or study materials, when you submit answers to our assessments quizzes or surveys, or when you enrol or are enrolled by your employer on one of our courses or order study materials.
If you are enrolling as a student, we also may also collect other personal data (such as information regarding your health (so that, as necessary, we can make appropriate accommodation for you) , date of birth, employer name and details (if applicable), professional certification number, if any, PPS number (where applicable*), passport number, GNIB number, credit or debit card number and other payment information. This data is considered "sensitive data" and you consent to our collection, storage and use of such sensitive data for these purposes.
We also may collect from you emergency contact information, such as the telephone number or email address for a friend or family member. You represent to us that you have obtained consent from your emergency contacts to provide us their information for this purpose.
*Your PPS number may be required in connection with an application for tax relief, and you should not supply these details unless you wish to claim such relief.
- How We Use Information CollectedWe may also use you postal and email addresses to send you information about further courses, and other services or products similar to those you have ordered from us, and also to provide you with the latest information, including events in which you may be interested or to send you an invitation to solicit such information from us. If you do not wish us to send you this additional information, you can let us know by following the opt-out instructions that we include in every email or by sending us notice of your preferences through the mechanisms listed in the section below entitled 'Your Ability to Choose'.
- How We Use Your Personal DataWe will need to use your data to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under agreements made with you and to inform you of feedback and exam results. If you have enrolled in our courses through your employer, we will share your course attendance and test results with your employer.
- Your Ability to ChooseYou can let us know if you do not wish to receive promotional material from us by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by post to ECM College, Abbey House, Jervis Street, Dublin 1. You also can let us know that you do not want us to share your information with our affiliated companies by contacting us at the same email or postal address.
- Disclosure to Third PartiesWe may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf (including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our web sites and services, managing our databases, sending e-mails and other mail to you, processing and collecting payments, providing us with legal, financial and accounting advice and conducting required audits). These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. We also may disclose personally identifiable information in special circumstances where it is legally required (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights) or when we, in our sole discretion, believe it is appropriate, in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us so to do.
Your personal data is accessible by and provided to our student recruitment agents, for administration purposes (such as keeping track of your course records), accepting and recording your payments, providing you with certificates of completion and complying with any regulatory reporting requirements or other reporting requirements agreed with your sponsor. We may also provide your data to bodies from which you seek funding. If you have enrolled on our courses or programmes through your employer or other sponsor, we may share your data and attendance and study results with your employer or sponsor. Such third parties are not subject to this ECM College User Agreement. Contact these persons directly for information about how they treat your personal data.
- Transfer to Other CountriesWe may need to process and store your information in countries outside the EU (which are not subject to EU Data Protection laws), including without limitation, your country of residence, the country in which you plan to study or other countries where we have offices or service providers (including the United States). This may in certain circumstances involve the transfer of information to countries outside Ireland and including countries which may not afford the same level of protection to personal data as applies under Irish law. By providing your information to us, you consent to transfer of your information to these other countries.
- Review and CorrectionYou may review and update the personal data you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending your request by post to:
Abbey House, Jervis Street